Budget always drives the decision for janitorial service since it is typically one of the highest expenses for operating any facility. However, all services are not created equal and transparency in discussions are vital to determine exactly what a property is getting for their money.
There are many points to consider during the evaluation process. A Professional janitorial site survey should conducted when possible, specifications should be closely audited to confirm actual nightly services, periodic cleaning projects identified, and any additional services listed for specialty work that may be required upon request outside of the scope are quoted.
Quality Service delivery can be clarified by numerous components:
- Accountability & response protocols provided
- Site management and staff supervision?
- Production rate/square feet being cleaned per hour?
- On going Training provided to the staff
- Working vs. non-working Supervision?
- What periodic tasks are included?
- Tasks NOT included and require additional cost?
- Quality Control tracking, reporting, customization?
Taking care of your carpet protects the quality and longevity of your flooring investment. SELECT uses the latest technology in carpet care, providing the two best program options to meet your needs.
Hot Water Extraction
- Commonly known as steam carpet cleaning, hot water extraction cleaning uses high pressured hot water to agitate the carpet fiber and dissolve dirt in the carpet. It typically involves application of a cleaning agent on soiled surfaces, agitation of the carpet with a brush and followed by rinsing.
- After a cleaning agent settles in the carpet for a short duration, the carpet will be “washed” by carpet cleaning equipment to thoroughly remove the cleaning agent and left to dry at room or air-conditioned temperatures.
- An average sized carpeted office of 3000 sq ft would normally take about 2 hours to clean and will take at least 4 hours to dry depending on temperature and humidity. SELECT would typically advise carpet to be cleaned in the late afternoon, evening or over the week-end. That allows adequate time so that after cleaning is completed, the carpet can be left to dry overnight and office operations can resume back to normal the following day.
Low-Moisture Encapsulation Carpet Cleaning System (Whittaker)
Our low moisture encapsulation systems include a variety of equipment options to fit your specific environment. This encapsulating method keeps carpet looking better, longer, all while conserving water usage. Low moisture carpet cleaning allows for shorter dry times and less disruption, making it ideal for 24-hour operations such as healthcare facilities, casinos, and airports.
Daytime cleaning is also possible with the quiet operation of Whittaker machines and 20-30-minute dry times on commercial loop pile carpet. The color-coded polypropylene brushes on the machines act as a pile lifter while they agitate the cleaning solution into carpet fibers, eliminating the need to operate a separate pile lifter machine as with wet extractions.
Carpet varies widely, and proper care depends on what primary material is used, how it's manufactured, its thickness, color, patterns and backing, as well as, manufacturer's recommendations. Speak with your SELECT account representative to help determine the best method for your specific floor type.